Friday, September 17, 2004

I Passed My Tests!

For those of you who don't know I have been going through a very slow and strenous application process in order to become an Communications Operator I (Emergency Dispatcher) for the Broward Sheriff's Office I first applied in June (I think...it's been so long...). My first test was in August, which was an audio skills test. I passed that. Today I took the 2nd and 3rd test: Data Entry and Geography and passed with flying colors! I'm so happy!!! The HR recruiter said that if I passed the very extensive background test and polygraph test that I would be offered a postion. So, these next few days I will be busy gathering all sorts of info about me and getting in notarized so they can poke around in my (non)criminal history. Fun fun. And Monday I have an interview for a completely different job, doing Office Support at Broward's Emergency Managment Agency(these are the people who prepare, plan, and anticipate disasters such as hurricanes).

On another note (but related to jobs/careers) I oddly enough having been thinking about joining the military. I say "oddly" because I've always been very opposed to the idea. But recently I have been thinking of all the benefits that come with being in the armed forces: honor, discipline, physical fitness, job security, advancement, etc. The thing is, I don't want to move every 2-5 years, so I've been thinking about joining the Air Force Reserve in which I would have to serve 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks during the year. I emailed a recruiter to give me more information. I also have to see how everything is going to play out with my interviews.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the BSO job!!! I'm not big on military but if it does good for you, go for it.

Kim said...

Thanks! I really would like the job at BSO. I want it even more now that I have worked so hard and waited so long for the position. I never was big on the military either, but I'm realizing they definitely have an important function in our society and it something that I think with my natural skills and abilites I would be very good at.