Monday, September 6, 2004

"Hurricane Snail"------>"Hurricane Lame-o"

Wow...Hurricane Frances took F-O-R-E-V-E-R! I was couped up for 4 days (I was starting to get cabin fever)! There wasn't much to do besides sleep and watch the local news. Every station was showing hurricane coverage...news reporters getting hit over the head with pom fronds (for those of you not from Florida I mean Palmtree leaves), news anchors accidently swearing (saying "b%$ch" instead of "beach") from lack of sleep, and continous repeated coverage, stating the obvious ("um...the Hurricane will hit the coast...eventually...we think"). So as I was waiting for the the Hurricane to hit the coast...and waiting...and waiting...I decided to give the Hurricane a pet name: "Hurricane Snail." Their is a snail on my downstairs bathroom wall that actually was moving faster than Hurricane Frances, I think. Well, after I was couped up for 4 days I started calling "Hurricane Snail"another name "Hurricane Lame-o." I hate to say it, but the Hurricane was quite disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I am very upset that lots of people lost power, and that a lot of cosmetic damage was done to residential homes and businesses, and that everyone had a lame Labor Day weekend in the "Sunshine State" (heh).
However, I felt that the news TOTALLY vamped things up and sensationalized the whole thing. People aren't going to take hurricanes seriously now. And there is another hurricane that is seeming to come to the US (Hurricane Ivan). I think it'll be a bad one.

Here is the track that Hurricane Frances took (and is still on the move)...

Here is the expected track for Hurricane Ivan...
It looks like it's coming straight towards Florida--eek!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi Evil Butterfly! I just now noticed that you posted a comment. I'm going to go check out your Blog. :-)